So here it comes. Works in Progress version 02. Use it at your own risk :).
- no hold button (that would result in multiple characters being typed on button hold) - will be fixed soon,
- no sound (speed :/)
- no dedicated ARMv7 build (for Nexus One, Droid, Defy, etc..) - also to be fixed soon
- occasional crashes.
- memory consumption is still kind of high (40-60MB of free RAM needed).
- no layout for special characters like ";,./()!? etc. - will be fixed soon.
Otherwise it seems to work quite nicely. Supports multiple screen sizes (configurable). Archive for download is here (Polish) or alternatively here: DroidDOS_wip2.b.06022011.zip
Please, read carefully an attached *_readme.txt file. It describes all the nice things about GUI and such. Any comments are welcome. Enjoy!
Supports HVGA and WVGA (configurable via GUI settings in Options).
PS. source code WILL BE released as soon as I do some polishing on it. So far my efforts were focused on making it work.
- My adventure with computers started with 3D graphics design. I did that mostly as part of so called 'demoscene' activities, attending computer parties, submitting my works to various contests, etc.
Then I switched my gears to computer programming and completed MSc in compsci, doing the design works in parallel, and working in the marketing dept for one of the biggest B2B software houses in Poland at that time - ComArch SA.
When I graduated - i moved to Motorola Solutions Inc (then simply Motorola Inc) - where i work as System Architect on mission critical public safety radio communication infrastructure.
I still play however with various other things, prototyping stuff, playing with porting emulators to Android, experimenting, learning all the time. See some links below...