Saturday 29 January 2011

DroidDOS - WIP01 coming soon

Uffff, last week was a crazy chase for some kind of stability. First I had to switch to 32bits/pixel (RGBA) from 16bits/pixel, as it seems AVD had some issues (and crashes) on blitting to 16bits. Then i had to switchback (hope that just temporarily) FULL_TLB_SIZE (eats more memory, meh....) to achieve some level of stability for some games (i.e. Ishar 3). But now I got it more or less running. Tested some games & other stuff (that seems to run):
  • Ishar3,
  • Settlers (although some problems with mouse in moving window mode),
  • Battle Isle
  • Might and Magic 6 (Swords of Xeen)
  • Mario
  • Jack the Ripper
  • Windows 3.1 (Chinese version)
  • Executor (Mac emulator) and VMac
  • DosUAE
  • Warlords 2

I still cannot make old DOS demo - Contrast by Oxygene to run on the device. But this might be due to more memory consumption. (I have LG GT540/Swift, 600Mhz + 256MB, with approx 60MB left).

So I'm afraid no .apk release by the end of this month. I hope to get mouse and paged/oversize mode running well by the end of next week, keyboard hold/autorepeat (as now you need to press button X times, i.e. the DPAD arrows) . Also implement configuring Dosbox itself with some nice UI, and restarts of emulation from the DroidDOS itself (without restart of the whole app). Once I got it up and running, WIP01 will be released to public :).

Expect some ddms screenshots in the next few days.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to drop a note of encouragement for this project. I'm one of those people who really wants to emulate a DOS environment for games like Master of Orion, but can't use current versions of aDOSBox due to screen resolution limitations (LG Vortex - 320x480).

    ReplyDelete